Monday, March 14, 2011

My Life is Disney

Once again, it's been too long. I don't have much time, so this isn't going to be a real update, but I at least wanted everyone to know I haven't forgotten! As usual, my life is ridiculously busy, full of work and, now, classes. Going to school at Disney University is probably the second best place to go to school in the world! (With Texas A&M of course taking the cake.) My classes are so exciting and I've learned so much Disney trivia, but I'll talk more about it later. Look for a real update before Friday (and by real update, I mean a novella), including, but not limited to:

1. Backstage tour of Haunted Mansion--THE coolest thing I've done so far at Disney

2. My family's (parents and baby brother) long weekend in Disney--SCUBA diving, spa visits, and my father the cripple

3. The Kitchen Sink--finally accomplished something from my bucket list!

4. Other random activities such as getting stuck on Tower of Terror, our wonderful neighbors (three guys who live across the hall, we call ourselves "Friends" after the sitcom), a scavenger hunt in Epcot's World Showcase with my friend Sasha, and anything else I happen to think of before then.

One thing I can mention now, something exciting! As I've mentioned previously, I adore everyone I work with and they really are what is making my work experience here, and this isn't limited to just my peers. My coordinators and managers are also the best I could have asked for. One even gave me the day off (unsolicited by me) after discovering my dad would be alone all afternoon because things changed and he unexpectedly arrived much earlier than planned for their vacation. Anyway, one of my managers has set me up to have a meeting next week with a man who works at MGM. I'm not sure what this meeting will entail, he just surprised me and told me a couple days ago, but I know I have to wear business casual, so it's going to be a professional thing. The most exciting part of this: I saw the email my manager wrote to this man (he showed me, I wasn't being nosy!), and he said I was "promising." Someone thinks I'm promising! Hearing that from someone who has barely known me in a professional capacity for two months is so flattering to me. I am beginning to explore several different job and internship options, since I only have two months here and I always have a plan, and this meeting can only help me.

Ok, that's all I have for now. I'll be back soon with much more! Until next time (which will be soon, I PROMISE!),

Have a magical day!

1 comment: