Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Counting Down!

Well, it's been quite a bit longer than a few days since I posted last, but I haven't really had much to say since then. Mainly I've just been constantly anticipating this at the back of my mind, but there hasn't been any real news to share. At first I'd planned on talking about the entire interview process and everything, but I decided most people who read this are probably just my friends and family, and that part might not interest them too much. So if anyone is just dying to know about it, I'll discuss it, but unless someone informs me of their interest, I'm not going to bother.

So far, here's what's been going on. I'm planning on living with three other girls, Alex (who is working Main Entrance Operations, also she is the one I'll actually be sharing a room with), Allison (who happens to be the same role as me), and Corri (who has the role everyone is jealous of: character performer). We want to live at the apartment complex called Chatham, which seems to be a happy medium between the party-central Vista Way complex and the kind of boring Patterson complex. I'll be driving down on Sunday (the 9th) and having dinner with a few other CPers who are also checking in on Monday (the 10th). Then Allison, Corri, and I are spending the night at All Star Sports and meeting Alex bright and early the next morning to check in!

I have a lot of information about what supposedly happens during the first few days, but I guess I shouldn't talk about it until it actually happens, just in case. I will say we are supposed to get the second day (the 11th) off completely to unpack, set up, and go to the grocery store, things like that; but our idea of "unpacking and going to the grocery store" might be "skipping out on unpacking and going to Harry Potter World, then watching Wishes that night!" Wishes is definitely the first thing I want to do, I miss it SO much. In case you don't know, Wishes is the nightly fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom. But it's so much more than just a fireworks show...it really is the perfect example of what Disney is all about. If you ever go to Disney, that would be the absolute TOP recommendation from me, no question. Here is a link to the video I watch whenever I miss it just a little too much. It's not the same as really being there, but it's a pretty good video nonetheless.

This is about all I have to say at the moment; I'm hoping to post one more time before I leave with an update on exactly how many clothes I was able to fit into my car (which should be interesting), and a list of certain goals I want to accomplish or cool things I want to make sure I do while I'm down there. I have a list going, but I want to make sure I don't forget anything! Until next time...

Have a magical day!

1 comment: